My name is Adil and I am a Registered Member with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), a Student Member with Collage of Sexual and Relationship Therapy (COSRT) and a Professional Member of Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO).
I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor, experienced in delivering face to face and online counselling, and more recently specialising in Psychosexual and Couples Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I have worked in the public health sector for the past 8 years working previously in frontline roles with a focus on: mental health, HIV and sexual health, LGBT, substance misuse, domestic violence, people with learning disabilities and homeless. Currently, I am overseeing the running of a Talking Therapy Department for a Charity in London.
My main areas of practice and experience are:
- Coping with Anxiety and/or Depression
- Coping with Crisis
- Coming to terms with sexuality and/or gender identity
- Coming Out
- Being ostracised from family and friends
- Issues with romantic and platonic relationships
- Coming to terms with HIV and STI diagnosis
- Understanding self
- Effects of racism
- Abuse and trauma
- Dealing with substance misuse
- Sexual issues
- Work stress
My fees are £50 per individual session and £60 per couples session.
I have a limited number of concessionary places available to clients who want to work on psychosexual issues. Please contact me for more information.
Type of sessions:
You have the opportunity to decide how we will work together from the types of sessions I provide:
- Voice only/Webcam session typically lasts 50 minutes.
- Instant Messing, synchronous (real time) written exchanges last 60 minutes.
- Email therapy, I will spend 60 minutes responding to emails in asynchronous (delayed) communication.
- Advanced Diploma in Psychosexual & Relationship Psychotherapy (Pending)
- Diploma in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Diploma in Online Counselling
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative Pathway)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Introduction to Counselling
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
Continuing Professional Development
- HIV and AIDs Awareness
- Introduction to Sexual Health
- Information Governance and GDPR
- Motivational Interviewing
- Group Facilitation
- Working with Male Victims of Domestic Abuse
- Introduction to Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Understanding Chemsex and Addiction for Counsellors
- Engaging with perpetrators of domestic abuse
- Sex Workers Awareness
- Gypsies and travellers awareness
- Hidden Harm
- Human Trafficking Awareness
- Enhanced Drugs Awareness
- Understanding street gangs
- Learning Disability Awareness
- Autism Awareness
- Mental Health First Standard
- An Introduction to Substance Misuse & Harm Reduction
- Smoking Cessation
- Level 3 Safeguarding Children
- Level 2 Safeguarding Adults
- Prevent Awareness
- Safeguarding Adults Under the Care Act
- Domestic Abuse Awareness
- Level 2 How to do counselling online: a coronavirus primer
- Safeguarding and managing risk through digital media
- Conducting Counselling Assessments